Mauricio has played down reports linking Chelsea with a move for Newcastle United striker, Callum Wilson, and Aston Villa forward, Jhon Duran.
The Blues are believed to be in the market for a new forward player this month, after scoring just 35 goals out of their expected goals average of 44.1.
Duran appears surplus to requirements at Villa after failing to start a single game since he joined Unai Emery’s side from MLS club, Chicago Fire last January. And after 14 substitute appearances, and two goals, the 20-year-old is said to be eager to move on to a new club.
As for Wilson, Newcastle may be willing to do business for the 31-year-old in a bid to balance their books and avoid FFP sanctions. And if this happens, reports say he may be available for as little as £18m.
Pochettino was quizzed about the rumours linking Chelsea with the two players during his pre-match press conference on Thursday, and while the Argentine refused to be drawn into directly commenting on them, he did say that his side were working hard behind the scenes to find the right solution to the problems in his squad.
He told reporters: “Well I think we are listening to too many rumours, you know?
“Player in, player out, like in other clubs. At the moment, nothing to say.
“We work really hard about different things, different areas, but I think at the moment nothing to communicate.
“We will communicate if something happens in the next few days.”
On whether Chelsea need to make any new additions before the end of the transfer window, Poch also added: ‘No, not really.
“The spirit to win the title, but not the spirit to sign players!
“I am happy with the squad, I am so happy with the players that we have.
“And then, of course, if something happens, because you know very well – and we know very well – that always the last week is the most dangerous week.
“We need to be ready for anything that can happen with the squad.”